Spin Scooter Share
Looking for faster ways to get around campus? Try a scooter!
This dockless scooter share system lets you find and unlock a nearby scooter from your smartphone. Travel around campus without having to return the scooter to its original location.
Hours of scooter operation are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Comments, questions, or concerns about the scooter share program? Contact us or call Spin Customer Service at 1-888-262-5189
Helpful Tips for a Safe and Successful Ride
- Always Wear a Helmet – You can get one free just for taking Spin’s safety quiz!
- Ride Responsibly – Be mindful of other riders, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Always keep both hands on the scooter handlebar.
- Don’t wear earbuds or headphones when operating a scooter.
- Use caution at intersections.
- Don’t operate a scooter while impaired.
- Avoid Stunt Riding – Scooters are fast and fun, but please leave stunts to the professionals.
- One Rider Per Scooter – Please keep your scooter to yourself.
- Show Respect When Parking – Park only in designated areas and remember to end your trip correctly.
Scooter Parking Locations, Slow Zones, and No Ride Zones
Spin will start with a fleet of 150 scooters on campus and will adjust that number based on demand over the course of the program.
Yes. For more information on staying safe on the scooters, take Spin’s Safety Quiz.
Spin scooters will have a top speed of 15 miles per hour. In certain “slow ride zones,” the scooters will automatically slow down.
Scooters can start very quickly for those unfamiliar, so start off slowly to keep the scooter from running out from under you.
Scooters must be parked in designated parking areas which are identifiable in the mobile app, typically near campus bike racks.
Scooters will cost $1 to unlock and 29 cents per minute to ride.
The Campus Quad is a No-Ride Zone, and there are some additional No-Ride Zones off campus.
If a rider enters a No Ride Zone (NRZ), the throttle will automatically disengage so there will be no more power going to the motor. The brakes will NOT be applied, but rather the scooter will coast to a stop. The rider should then move the scooter back out of the NRZ and resume his or her ride. Anyone can identify No Ride Zones in the Spin App.
Scooter Rules and Guidelines
- Scooters may only be operated in areas where bicycle traffic is allowed.
- Scooters should be operated at a low speed in the presence of pedestrians.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- Scooters should be parked at bike racks or in designated scooter parking spaces/areas only.
- Scooters are responsible for following all the rules of the road. This includes, but is not limited to, stopping at stop signs and stop lights, yielding, and following the speed limit.
- Scooter access is limited on home football game days and may be limited during other large-scale events.